The Magic Oven

270 Dupont Street (and five other locations)
Toronto, Ontario


Alright so yes, the Magic Oven presents an admirable spread of fresh, seasonal and organic soups, salads, pizza's, and pasta's, and is sure to attract Torontonian's in pursuit of the healthy focus. But to pay a $40.00 bill for greens is beyond (I hope) anyone's reach.


I, myself, must admit, after the long, dreariness of winter, on a recently mild Saturday, I was one of the many in this city looking for something light and tantalizing. The Magic Oven's menu looked excellent, providing my palate with the precise flavour profile I was in need of.

I decided on the Bombay green salad, assembled with pineapple chunks, sunflower seeds, tomatoes and onion, and opted to add chicken. My partner went with a classic Caesar salad, sans chicken, and to start a seven grain medley. Although the taste was tangy and satisfactory, a salad is a salad and would have to be fairly devine to be as highly priced as it was in the end. My main disappointment was that the added chicken was simply diced, and cold and very obviously
not cooked to order.

Imagine that something as simple as this, astoundingly came to $41.00 when the bill was presented. For what? Even more frustrating was that I could've ventured to a real restaurant on a Saturday night, however my reason the my selection was to save the money and go somewhere simple.


A complete waste. I will not be going there again due to the lack of quality for such a preposterous price.

No comments: