Serra Restaurant

378 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Canada

Serra is a classic Italian restaurant, lost in the mix of the Korean, Chinese and pub grub that dominates this area of Bloor Street West. However, every time I walk by, the place is full and there is often a line up. So, of course, I had to decide for myself: is Serra really that good?

And I would say that yes, if you want your average Italian meal, you won't be disappointed. The price is inexpensive, plates from $10 - $17, and covers all your regular American-Italian foods. If you have someone to share with, I recommend splitting the Antipasto platter. Not your average antipasto, as it comes with smoked salmon, grilled calamari (which was actually melt-in-your-mouth), grilled shrimp, and then your usual proscuitto, beef carpaccio and grilled veggies. Lots to choose from and all very tasty. The restaurant boasts wood fired oven pizza's, however I opted for their grilled chicken angel hair pasta, which was nice.

I found the service to be friendly and extremely accomodating, as we did have a 3rd party join late and two servers immediately assisted us with setting up a larger table.

If you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of Little Italy, but still want Italian, make your way down Bloor and give Serra a try.

No comments: