College Street Bar

574 College Street
Toronto, Ontario

After visiting the College Street bar about five times now, I decided to give it some props by posting it on my website.

Although you may read various comments on websites about the Bar's lack of service, you'll never see bad news about the food. Each time I have eaten at the College Street Bar, it has always been consistent and very tasty.

To start, their bruschetta is light and simply good. Their spicy shrimp starter is also a good choice, as well as the grilled calamari - which is not only fresh but also a good sized helping for the price. I love their main course linguini with Italien tuna. It's light, fresh and doesn't feel heavy for a pasta. My partner has had their spicy, sausage penne which was fantastic. And also the spaghetti with meatballs which is just like your grandmother used to make. The taste I love at the College Street Bar is their sauces. They're fresh and it's something you just can't remake in your own home.

I recommend going to this place for food, drinks, price and atmosphere. It's chic, and turns into a funky, dimly-lit lounge on Friday and Saturday nights. The drinks can be a little overpriced, however the food makes up for it, at roughly $14.00 per main plate. Enjoy!

No comments: