The Bottom Line

22 Front Street West
Toronto, Ontario

This restaurant is sleekly located right at the corner of Front and Yonge, and is called a sports bar. But don't mistake the food, atmosphere or service to be anything close to your typical sporty spot.

A truly classic looking restaurant, with great food, a casual atmosphere and fanstastic and knowledgeable service makes the place feel more like a comfortably posh lounge where everyone is welcome.

I was there for lunch and will certainly be going back for dinner. Unfortunately, as it was a business lunch, I couldn't sample one of the many beers on tap, or various cocktails...no matter how scrumptious they looked.

A simple lunch salad for $12.95 is the ideal mid-day meal for me. So I opted for the goat's cheese salad. However, I was little disappointed as my first choice was the seared tuna nicoise, and they were out of the Ahi tuna.

But, my disappointment turned when my plate arrived with lovely mixed greens dressed with a light walnut sauce. Smack dab in the middle laid a soft, warmed goat cheese, wrapped in an extremely light phyllo pastry. Accompaniments on the side included tasty poached pears, and brown sugar candied walnuts - just a few for the taste.

All in all, my quick in and out lunch was delightful and fairly inexpensive and I can certainly say I'll be going back again.

No comments: