Ouzeri

500A Danforth Avenue
Toronto, Ontario

I haven't been to Greece so I wouldn't be able to tell you what traditional Greek food should taste like. I did, however, have a friend from Athens cook myself and one of my girfriends a typical Greek meal a few years ago...and his meal was much better than that of Ouzeri's.

I started with a grilled calamari, flavoured with olive oil and lemon juice. Very simple, but at least the calamari was fresh. To follow I went with the chicken souvlaki and my partner had the lamb souvlaki. Both were sloppily put on the plate, both meals were a little greasy and overall I probably would've preferred getting take-away Greek as it would've been about the same.

The service and ambiance wasn't particularly exciting and I didn't feel that this place was worth staying at for dessert. I won't go backt o Ouzeri and I won't be recommending it to friends.

No comments: